YES! I finally sat down today and wove in all the loose ends to officially finish the blanket! I also made a baby beanie to go with it. You can get the pattern for the beanie here
I had to tweak it for my hat just a bit since I was using the same yarn as I used for the blanket. As there are no babies around, I can’t test my beanie out for size. I do think it’s a bit wider around than maybe it should be, but not all babies are born with teeny tiny little heads. The pattern was for 3-6 months old anyhow. Also, I used both strands of yarn for the top part then switched to just white for two rounds of shells followed by a single round of yellow shells. I finished per the pattern with a round of slip stitches.
Anyway, just wanted to share that I finally found the time to finish the project! Haven’t yet decided what my next project will be, but as the Spring (busy season for us at work) is fast approaching, this may be the last finished piece of work before summer gets here.